TikTok has quickly become one of the most popular social media platforms, with over 1.5 billion active users worldwide. And it’s not just for Gen Zers and millennials – the app is increasingly being used by businesses of all sizes to reach younger audiences. This is because it can promote its products or services.
But what exactly is TikTok, and how can businesses use it to achieve their marketing goals? In this article, we’ll look at what TikTok is, some of the key features that make it attractive for businesses, and some examples of companies already having success on the platform.
What is TikTok?
TikTok is a social media app that allows users to create and share short videos with others on the platform. The videos are typically between 15 and 60 seconds long and can be filmed using the app’s built-in camera function or uploaded from your phone’s camera roll.
Users can add filters, special effects, music, and other creative elements to their videos before sharing them with their followers or posting them publicly. TikTok users can also browse popular videos from other users, “heart” ones they like, leave comments, and follow other users whose content they enjoy.
How to get started with TikTok for business?
As TikTok continues to grow in popularity, more and more businesses are looking to jump on the trend. Our company has a service dedicated to TikTok for business. This service allows businesses to create and post videos on TikTok, as well as access to analytics so they can see how their videos are performing. Now let’s see how to get started with TikTok for Business.
Pictures shown are for illustration purposes only
1. Set up your account
To create a TikTok business account, you must first create your username. It is possible to do this on your phone and computer. Make sure all fields are filled in. If your business name is already taken, you may need to be creative by adding underscores or numbers until you get the green check mark. Include keywords in your profile so people can easily find you. Add a link to your website in the bio section.
2. Post interesting content
You must post engaging content to get more likes and followers on Tiktok. This means content that is creative, funny, or relatable. If you can make your videos stand out, you’ll be more likely to get noticed by the algorithm and by users.
Try using creative editing techniques to make your content more engaging, filming in unique locations, or adding humour to your videos. You can also be relatable by sharing your own stories or experiences. Whatever you do, make sure your content is original and engaging.
3. Use hashtags
Hashtags are a great way to get your content seen by more people on Tiktok. Using relevant hashtags can increase the chances that your videos will be seen by people interested in what you have to say.
However, using hashtags sparingly and only using ones relevant to your content is essential. Otherwise, you risk coming across as spammy or annoying to potential viewers.
When used correctly, hashtags can be a powerful tool for growing your audience on Tiktok. So make sure to use them wisely!
4. Try Ads
TikTok ads are short, fun, and engaging. They can be used to raise awareness about your brand or promote a specific product or service. TikTok ads are also relatively inexpensive and easy to create.
Tiktok advertising can benefit your business if you follow the abovementioned steps.
What kind of content works best on TikTok for business?
There is no one answer to this question since businesses vary significantly regarding their products, services, and target audiences. However, some general tips for creating successful content on TikTok for business include:
- Create content that is creative and unique
- Think outside the box – be creative and try to stand out from other businesses on the platform
- Make use of TikTok’s various features, such as duets, filters, and effects
- Post regularly to maintain a strong presence on the platform
- Interact with other users and build relationships with other businesses on TikTok
What are some common mistakes businesses make on TikTok?
Some common mistakes businesses make on TikTok include:
- Not having a clear strategy: With a clear strategy, it can be easier to produce content that resonates with your target audience and achieves your business goals.
- Focusing too much on selling: Remember that people come to TikTok to be entertained, not to be sold to. If you focus too much on selling, you will likely turn off your audience.
- Not being creative: To succeed on TikTok, you need to stand out from the crowd. This means being creative with your content and using TikTok’s features in interesting and unique ways.
- Ignoring the algorithm: The TikTok algorithm can be a powerful tool for businesses, but only if you know how to use it. Utilize hashtags, trends, and influencers to get your content in front of as many people as possible.
- Posting too much: You don’t want to bombard your followers with content, or they will quickly become overwhelmed and tune you out. Instead, focus on quality over quantity and post only when you have something exciting and valuable to share.
In conclusion, if you’re not using TikTok for your business, you’re taking advantage of a huge opportunity. With over 500 million active users, TikTok is one of the world’s most popular social media platforms. It’s a great way to connect with potential customers and promote your brand. So what are you waiting for? Start using TikTok today!